Personal Information we may collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- Telephone or fax number;
- Email address;
- Date of Birth
- Credit and debit card number;
- Banking information, such as account and routing numbers;
- Vendor Tax ID numbers;
- National ID numbers such as Social Security Numbers;
- Financial information when you apply for credit;
- Passwords and reminder questions/answers;
- Purchase history.
We collect Personal Information when you participate in various opportunities that we provide, for example:
- When you order a product or service or make a request.
- When you register your purchase of a product.
- When you request credit for the purchase of products and services.
- When you register for goods, services, subscriptions, technology forum, or other communications through the Site or App.
- When you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, rewards program, customer group, survey, or other promotion.
- When you participate in a blog, forum, or interact using social media or other electronic or digital communications.
- When we conduct market research, meet you at a trade show, or other event.
- When you apply for a job or to be an authorized sales professional.
We may combine Personal Information that we collect about you with Personal Information you provide to us through other sources, such as product registrations, inquiries, or marketing events. We will use the combined Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement for as long as it is combined.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you e-mail alerts, text messages, and other written or electronic communications.
- Send you important information regarding the Site or App, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and/or other administrative information.
- Complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase, and provide you with related customer service.
- Send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including information about trade shows.
- Evaluate your requests for credit to purchase products and services offered by Hoegemeyer Hybrids.
- Personalize your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- Allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- Permit you to send messages to a friend through the Site or App. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- Allow you to communicate and interact with others through the Site or App (for example, through a blog, message board, messaging functionality, chat functionality, profile, or other social media).
- Permit you to register and participate in technology forums and other events.
- Enable our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, researching, and developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, making field notes, observations, and prescriptions, collecting and providing agronomic and farm management information, developing marketing events, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property, of you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How Personal Information is Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- Within the DuPont Group of Companies for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. Hoegemeyer Hybrids and the local affiliate with whom you are interacting are jointly responsible for the management of the jointly-used Personal Information.
- To third party service providers who provide services such as website, database, and server hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, product distribution, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services, and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- To third parties such as agents, distributers, retailers, and sales professionals to facilitate the sale and distribution of our products and services, which may include marketing communications.
- To third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- To a third party that may offer you credit to purchase products or services offered by us.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- By you, when you participate in features on our Site or App that provide the opportunity to interact with us and others (for example a blog, message board, messaging functionality, chat functionality, profile, field observations databases and applications, or other social media). When you use these features you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location and e-mail address, may be publicly available to others. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit through these features and we strongly discourage you from disclosing any sensitive Personal Information (such as health or credit card information) through these features. If you use these features, your Personal Information may remain on the Site or App even after you cease use of the Site or App.
Non-Personal Information We Collect
“Non-Personal Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information;
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you;
- Aggregated information;
- Information about your agricultural operation, including, but not limited to:
- Field specific data, such as GPS coordinates, soil type, moisture patterns, yield, products used, agronomic observations, management practices, inputs, such as herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers.
- Weather information
- Preferences concerning how you receive information
How We Collect Non-Personal Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Non-Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser type and version.
- Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- From you: Information such as your location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site or App.
- In the same ways we collect Personal Information, as described above.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site or App, (for example, we may use Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We Use and Disclose Non-Personal Information
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location).
If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, e.g., when we combine information you provide upon registration with Non-Personal Information to provide you with targeted personalized marketing, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information.
Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
How We Collect IP Addresses
An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
How We Use and Disclose IP Addresses?
We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, administering the Site and presenting content that is tailored to your country. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SITES
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site to which the Site or the App contains a link. The inclusion of a link on the Site or the App does not imply our endorsement of the linked site.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISERS
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Site. Please note that these companies may use information about your visit to this Site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you. In the course of serving advertisements to this Site, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit http://networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp .
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information.
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to opt-out from receiving future electronic marketing messages from us and request that we not share your Personal information with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of unaffiliated third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, please contact email@example.com.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law.
USE OF SITE BY CHILDREN
We are committed to protecting the privacy needs of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. We do not target the Site or the App to children less than fourteen (14) years of age or knowingly collect information from children for the purpose of selling products or services. We do participate in select educational programs such as science and environmental awareness in support of schools and communities.
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we or our affiliates have facilities or where we have engaged a service provider, and by using our Site or App you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country.
We ask that you not send, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or App or otherwise to us.
Employment applicants may be asked for information pertaining to criminal background as part of the hiring process to the extent allowed by applicable country law.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may change this Privacy Statement. Please note the document date at the bottom of this policy. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Site or App. Your use of the Site or App following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
CONTACTING HOEGEMYER HYBRIDS
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact Hoegemeyer Hybrids at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at
1755 Hoegemeyer Rd.
Hooper, NE 68031
Revised JUNE 27, 2017
© 2017 PHII.